Early Movers practitioner training
SSEHS Active, part of Loughborough University’s School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences, is offering training to help early years practitioners extend the physical activity opportunities available to the under fives in their care.
The training aims to help practitioners develop a better understanding of the importance of early movement opportunities for the 0-5 age group and raise confidence to organise enabling environments for physical activity for the children in their care.
Specifically the course covers:
- the importance of physical activity for the early years
- the UK early years physical activity guidelines
- translation of the physical activity guidelines into practice for both children that can walk and those that can’t walk yet
- inclusion and meeting the needs of all children
- how physical activity links to other areas of the UK early years curriculums.
This course is ideal for anyone working in an early years setting who provides care to children from birth up to the age of five.