The National Centre for Sport and Exercise Medicine will be hosting a series of online lifestyle education sessions in June and July in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. These sessions are aimed at GPs and other healthcare professionals but are open to anyone with an interest in the topics.
The four online evening sessions will look at a range of lifestyle factors and how they can influence an individual’s response to COVID-19. Topics covered will include:
- Introduction to the immune system
- Exercise and immune function
- Diet and immune function
- Exercise and immune function in cancer patients
- COVID-19 and obesity
- Exercise and weight management
- Diet and weight management
- Physical function in vulnerable adults: considerations during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Mental health considerations during the COVID-19 pandemic
Sessions will take place via Zoom and are free to attend. They will begin at 6pm and last for approximately two hours, with the exception of the first introductory session which will last an hour. To book your place please email Alison Stanley firstname.lastname@example.org saying which session(s) you would like to attend. You will be sent a link to access the online session the day before the event.